List of Extra Content on Uusi kielemme – Bonus Content
This article lists all the types of the extra content you can get access to by supporting Uusi kielemme. They are my little thank you to anyone who, for example, points out possible typos or supports me in other ways.
You can get access to all of the following for the duration of one month by collecting ten points! You can learn more about the point system I’m using for this here.
1. Try the Games and Puzzles!
Generally, games and puzzles are meant to give you a prompt to learn new vocabulary or to practice forming sentences. They can help you reinforce and develop your Finnish language skills. These files often contain pictures which help you practice vocabulary. Also included are crossword puzzles for both grammar and vocabulary.
2. Download the Printable PDF Packages!
You will find Uusi kielemme articles concerning certain themes bundled into a PDF. You can save these PDFs to your computer or print them out. All of the content available in these PDFs are available for free on the website as well.
- Printable collection of expressions of time articles (32 pages)
- Printable collection of consonant gradation articles (19 pages)
- Printable collection of location cases articles (53 pages)
- Printable collection of swear word articles (13 pages)
- Printable collection of animal themed articles (18 pages)
- Printable collection of partitive themed articles (29 pages)
- Printable collection of object themed articles (14 pages)
- Printable collection of complement themed articles (63 pages)
- Printable collection of T-plural themed articles (33 pages)
- Printable collection of food themed articles (42 pages)
- Printable collection of genitive themes articles (47 pages)
3. Learn Finnish through Language Lessons!
These lessons contain vocabulary related to a topic and grammar explanations concerning said topic. Also included in every lesson are exercises at various levels such as fill-in-the-gap exercises, translation exercises and reading texts. The files come with solutions and translations to all the exercises included.
Included are both easier lessons, such as one about colors and clothing, and harder topics such as cooking verbs and the TU-participle. Other grammar topics are, for example, the inflection of words ending in -i, postpositions, the partitive case, conjunctions and the object. Other vocabulary topics include foods, furniture, the weather, traffic and computers.
4. Practice with Interactive Exercises!
These exercises are mainly wordpress-based fill-in-the-blanks exercises, with additional links to exercise games made with quizlet. They are aimed to allow you to practice both vocabulary and grammar; though certain topics will be more grammar-focused and others more vocabulary-focused.
- The singular partitive (level A1.2 to A2.2)
- The location cases (level A1.3 to B1.1)
- The plural partitive (level A2 to B1)
- The genitive case (level A1.2 – B1.1)
- The translative and essive cases (Level A2-B1)
Tenses and moods
- The Finnish verbtypes (level A1.2+)
- The imperfect tense (level A2.1 to B1.1)
- The present passive (level A2 to B1)
- The past passive (level A2 to B1)
- The conditional (level A2 to B1)
- Perceptional verbs (level A1.3 to B1.1)
- Location case rections (level A1.3 to B1)
- Verb rections (level A2.1+)
- Question words (level A1.2 to B1.1)
- Expressions of time (level A2.1 to B1.1)
- The complement (level A2.2 to B2)
- Cooking and participles (level A2 to B1)
- Adverbs (level A2.2-B2.1)
- The comparative and superlative (level A2.2 – B1.2)
- The inflection of the comparative and superlative (level B1.1-C1.1)
- Comparing adjectives and adverbs (A2.2-C1.1)
- Täytyy – necessity sentences (level A1.3-B1)
- Hygieniapassi – Hygiene passport test (level A2.1-C1)
- Toinen Itse Jokin Jompikumpi (level B1 to B2)
I’m extremely grateful to all the support I get from you guys. I hope this extra content helps express my gratitude and helps you forward in your Finnish studies!